Registering for Training/Editing Profile
- Log in to the DIEEC website to the PLE training landing page.
- Username is your email address
- If you are unsure of your password, you can try “forget your password” and the system will send you an email to reset your password. If you do not receive an email, please call the main office at 302-831-3239 to verify that we have the correct email on file.
- Once you have logged in to the system – click on edit profile (top right-hand side of the page). Update any information that needs to be changed. Hit save at the bottom
- Every 2-3 months the system will prompt you to update your profile. Please reconfirm your information or update it as needed. Anything with a green or red dot must be filled out.
Your username is now your e-mail address. If you do not have an e-mail account, one must be created by going to Yahoo or Google. Please note – you cannot use someone else’s email address. If you think you may already have an account, you do not need to create a new profile. Please call 302-831-3239 to get profile information.
If you have trouble logging into your account, please contact the DIEEC at (302) 831-3239 for assistance.
- Reason 1 – When a new profile is created, our system will send you an email to confirm your credentials. Sometimes this email goes into the junk or spam folder – please check that folder as well. The system will say “unconfirmed” or “blocked” account if you have not confirmed your credentials.
- Reason 2 – You may have entered your password incorrectly too many times. The system will say blocked after three failed attempts to log in.
Your profile allows you to register for in-person and online professional learning experiences through DIEEC. We also take attendance at the workshop. The hours are then posted to your transcript. If you do not have a profile, we will not be able to add you to a class or mark you present. Additionally, your profile allows DIEEC to contact you and inform you of any changes to the workshop schedule. We can also send you information about upcoming classes if you are in our system.
If you need to sign up for a specific workshop and it is full, you can add your name to the waitlist by calling 302-831-3239. We will then inform you if there is an opening. If the class should be offered again, we will notify you via email and by telephone.v
Our registration closes 48 hours before a workshop begins to ensure that the instructor has an up-to-date attendance list and enough materials for all participants.
If you do not attend all the sessions, you will get credit for the hours you attended.
Find information on the online trainings we are currently offering. If you are interested in signing up for one of the FREE DEPDNow online trainings, you can access the Online Training Tip Sheet (PDF File) which will provide instructions on how to access and register.
Attending Training/Cancelled Classes
Licensing requires 9-18 hours of training per year. Please contact your OCCL representative through the State of Delaware for clarification of how many hours you need per calendar year. In addition, people with education and experience can help others by sharing their knowledge.
Continuing professional development allows you to remain up to date on research and trends, make connections with colleagues, prepare you for greater responsibilities, provides opportunity for you to reinforce and enhance your current skills
- You log into the DIEEC website using your credentials which will then bring you into your personal account/dashboard. Once you are in your profile, you will see a breakdown of your professional trainings. They are listed as: Upcoming Training Sessions; On-Line Training and Past Training Sessions.
- In the “Your Upcoming Training sessions” section you will click on the training and you will see the location as well as the directions listed.
- If a training is an In-Person training, it notes that on the training calendar.
If you miss the first session of a workshop, you will not receive the credit hours that you missed on your transcript. Please keep in mind that since information is sequential, it may be challenging to understand some of the content if you miss the first or any other sessions.
Participants agree to arrive before the workshop, or on time, when they register for a workshop. In general, sites are open at least 15 minutes before workshops and the doors are locked 15 minutes after the workshop’s listed start time for safety reasons and to ensure a positive learning environment for all participants
For a virtual session, you will not be admitted after 15 minutes.
Assignments are used to further your thinking and understanding of the subject matter. Typically, our workshops that have multi-sessions will have assignments to keep you thinking about the subject matter, especially while at work. Our goal is for you to connect new information to your program and to help you in applying new techniques, so you get the most out of your workshops.
No – you may not. Only those who register for workshops and are in the early childhood field should attend. NO children are permitted at workshops, in the training room, or on-site unless it is arranged, and child care is supervised as part of a private training. For reasons related to distractions and insurance, children are not permitted. A child is anyone under the age of 18. If adults are driven to workshops by other adult drivers who choose to stay, they are asked to quietly sit where they are comfortable. However, DIEEC does not make allowances for materials to be given to those who are not on the sign-in list or on the registry.
DIEEC will put notice of workshops cancelled due to weather on the website. If you are unable to check the website, you may call the main phone number at 302-831-3239. You will be notified of the date of the rescheduled class. This highlights the importance of keeping our profile up to date so we can keep you informed.
Receiving Credit Hours/Transcripts
You obtain your certificates online in the form of a transcript. We no longer provide printed certificates at or after workshops. You can obtain your up-to-date transcripts approximately two weeks after your latest workshop.
Participants log into our website at www.dieec.udel.edu to download their transcript to show proof of class completion.
You must sign in on the sign in sheet at every workshop or confirm presence at the beginning and throughout any virtual sessions. If you do not sign in, you will not receive credit. Your transcript is updated as soon as the DIEEC receives the attendance sheet. This should not take more than 2 weeks. If it has been 2 weeks and the workshop is still not on your transcript, please call the main office at 302-831-3239.
A good way to be sure if something is quality assured is by only registering for training through the registry. If you have a question as to whether something is quality assured, please contact the DIEEC at 302-831-3239.
If you miss a workshop, you will not receive credit hours. You only receive credit hours for the workshops that you have attended. For example, if a workshop is 12 hours of training, and you missed one of the 3-hour session trainings, you will receive 9 of the credit hours that you attended.
If you need to cancel your registration you must do so 48 hours prior to the start of the training to receive a credit to use for a future training. The Institute will not issue refunds.
Providing Feedback/Contacting DIEEC
You can contact the DIEEC to provide feedback in various ways. If you are looking to offer feedback on a training you recently took, or the instructor who taught the training, please fill out the electronic evaluation form sent at the conclusion of the workshop. We often use these evaluations to develop new workshops as well as enhancing the ones we offer. If you are interested in providing feedback regarding our offering of trainings, talk to your DIEEC TA or email the Institute at email@example.com and let us know how we can meet your training needs.
DIEEC does not give out instructor information. If the instructor gives out contact information, then you may certainly contact them. Otherwise, please contact the Institute and a message will be sent to the instructor.